Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Tale of Two Nic's


Mom reports on baby Nic’s CarePages Web site:
“Nic got a special delivery today from Nick Swisher of the White Sox. He signed his name and “D30” on the sentimental blanket we dropped off at the White Sox office and mailed it back to us with a nice note from Swisher, via the community relations dept. We weren’t sure that would happen, but it’s a great keepsake to have from his first baseball season. Not only does Nic share Swisher’s first name, they also have the same fighting spirit. Let’s hope the White Sox carry the season into October for Nic!”


In Chicagoland, you are either a Cubs fan or a White Sox fan. Well, that’s my opinion. It’s kind of like Auburn and Alabama. You can’t really be for both. No way.

When the family attended the recent White Sox game, they took the White Sox blanket that accompanied Nic through heart surgery and asked if Nick Swisher could sign it for Nicolas. Happily, the great White Sox player obliged, and now the littlest White Sox fan has a nice memento.

Go White Sox!

9 comments:

Lorelei said...

What a wonderful picture, and great memento!

Sarge Charlie said...

This is nice shelia, maybe it is like the dawgs and the rambling wrecks.
To tell you the truth, I wish your folks would put disrespect for the flag away but it seems to be popping up. I would feel the same outrage if it came from the RNC, just so you know.
I have lots of issues to discuss starting with the disgraceful way your folks treated the Gov of Alaska. Just so you know she has fired me up, not John. I am now fired up to see this through November and beyond, I am sorry that you do not have a good candidate, your guy has nothing but words, our VP is more qualified to be President than Obama. I am watching the wave democrat's flags as I make this comment, smile........

Sheila said...

Lorelei, I think that in the midst of a hotly contested race for the World Series, Nick Swisher could take the time to sign the blanket. He's top drawer in my book.

Sheila said...

Sarge, All I can say is that if John McCain wins, I will pray every night for his good health.

Tim Clevenger said...

Ah, Sheila lives! Joking, of course. I know your writing abilities have taken on a responsibility elsewhere.

I'm not a big sportsfan myself, but I have warm memories of going to Sox and Cubs games while growing up in Chicagoland. That's when ballpark franks still were a fair price - but then, they always costed more than market price. Oh well it was worth it.

Sheila said...

And Tim lives! I know for awhile you disappeared and I am glad you are bad. I have missed my blogging but have I had several transitions. I still love to write and the wonderful people have cyber-met draw me back. Good to hear from the only person I have ever known from Norway.

Marion said...

Ahhh, Sheila...what a beautiful baby! And he's so big, too!!!! What an incredible memento for your family and baby Nic.

Graydon is now a toddler...and oh, how I miss those soft, cuddly baby months. He still loves to cuddle, though, even if it's not as long before he's off to investigate other things.

Babies are only tiny like this for such a short time!

Sheila said...

Marion, when I was holding Nicolas yesterday, I noticed he no longer had that newborn smell about him. He is still tiny compared to babies his real age (6 months) but making new strides and flourishing with lots of love from everyone who meets him. The neatest thing is to watch his face light up at the sight of Mom and Dad. He and they are in love.

Jackie said...

Great photo, Nicolas is so cute.