Friday, July 17, 2009

Don’t Let the Bedbugs Bite


No “Good night, John Boy,” at my childhood home. It was always Mom saying, “Night, night, don’t let the bedbugs bite.

I just thought it was a sweet way to close the day. Later, I realized bedbugs are real. And maybe you have had an up close and personal encounter.
But Fort Collins, Colorado, apparently does not plan to become a bedbugs mega center.
Colorado State University’s annual Great Sofa Roundup was canceled after organizers worried they might be recycling the little critters as residents hauled used sofas to a CSU parking lot instead of dumping them in alleys at the end of summer leases.

However, when I came across a toy with a bedbugs theme, I had to get it for Nicolas as I gradually build up a Gramma stash of little guy accoutrements.

2 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

That is a strange concept for a toy...but I guess its better than the real thing!

Marion said...

Pounding bedbugs...how cute! I recently bought Graydon a colouring book all about germs! It had bedbugs, germs, and lice to colour.

I wonder if he'll grow up thinking germs etc. are cute and colourful!