Saturday, January 13, 2007

Standing the Test of Time



I’m throwing out about 200-300 VHS tapes. It’s funny how technology changes, and today’s entertainment necessity is tomorrow’s trash. Bill had recorded hundreds of movies from HBO and cable over the years. I did find a couple of tapes that I held back as the labels indicated they contained a movie I hadn’t seen in a while. There was Kramer vs. Kramer and now that Meryl Streep is hot again maybe it would be interesting to see one of her early movies. And Ordinary People is another one I haven’t seen in a long time. Both of these movies are hard to watch, but I remember liking them for their intense relationships. While they are not movies I’d care to buy a DVD of, I will see if they hold the test of time as we approach the season of the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards.

No comments: