Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Redneck Christmas or It Takes All Kinds


Jeff Foxworthy has made quite a career out of redneck comedy. I thought of him when I noticed gifts for the redneck advertised at the top of this morning’s post. Just because the blog is called Alabama Kitchen Sink doesn’t mean everyone from Alabama is a redneck, and I certainly don't purport to be one. However, rednecks are some of my favorite people, and let’s just say I have encountered my share of them. Most are lovable, colorful and rather benign except when it’s deer season or they've had too much beer. Both of those events can be interesting or deadly.

Click on over to check out a new-to-me redneck, Slidawg and the Redneck Ramblers for a new Christmas song called “Did You Heared What I Heared?” and slap a smile on your face. Appropriately, the CD is available at Wal-Mart.

4 comments:

Marshamlow said...

It has been my experience that the term redneck has a slightly different meaning in the minds of northerners than it does in the mind of southerners.

Miss Trashahassee said...

I 'bout fell off my chair at "Did you Heared What I Heared," and that was just from reading the title in your post. Can't wait to hear the actual song!

BFF,
Miss T

Naomi said...

Funny song Sheila. It made me smile!

Sheila said...

Thanks, Cyndi. I guess I'll keep the name since it taxes my brain to try to think up another. The parts of PA I'm familiar with are lovely. Thanks for visiting.