Thursday, December 21, 2006

Anticipation


All morning I listened to Christmas songs on Knology’s Music Choice channel. This is a really neat thing about cable TV since you get to hear all sorts of songs you wouldn’t normally hear like Ella Fitzgerald singing “Santa Got Stuck in My Chimney.” That was a new one on me. Anyway, ever since I wrote about “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer” I’ve been getting a ton of visitors who found me due to a search for that song. I think we all love the quirky, fun songs whether we want to admit or not. They helped me do a flurry of last-minute house cleaning for our little dinner party with friends.

Now, the evening is over and the rain continues a slow and steady beat on the awnings and I feel fortunate to be inside where it’s warm and dry. The packages are wrapped and under the tree. Groceries stocked. Laundry done. Scott is safely home. Tomorrow night, we have a party with Bill’s staff, and Saturday Jeff and Natalie will hopefully make it here despite the nasty weather. At this moment, all is right with the world. Can’t ask for more than that.

1 comment:

Marion said...

What a beautiful post, Sheila. It gives me inspiration to continue to wrap presents and put them...somewhere...as I didn't put up a tree this year, lol!

I have to watch that I don't become an old curmudgeon who dislikes Christmas. That could never happen, but sometimes, I need to read a post like yours to give me the added impetus to remember what Christmas can be like.

Thank you...and Merry Christmas!